Program Goals for Children
- Each child will develop a disposition for lifelong learning.
- Each child will be empowered to construct knowledge about his/her world.
- Each child will develop the ability to solve problems individually and as a member of a group.
- Each child will develop self-esteem by meeting appropriate challenges.
- Each child will develop positive, collaborative relationships with their families and with the adults and children at Harris Family Daycare.
- Each child will represent his/her thoughts and feelings with a wide variety of mediums.
- Each child will attain the highest level of independence that is appropriate for his/her age.
- Each child will value the diversity of people in the world.
- Each child will develop physically, cognitively, socially, emotionally and creatively
Program Goals for Families
- Families will be active participants in their child’s care and education.
- Families will develop collaborative relationships with their child and their child’s caregivers.
- Families will be able to leave their child at Harris Family Daycare with the knowledge that their child’s developmental needs are being met in a caring,nurturing environment.
- Families will have the opportunity to gain knowledge about child development and parenting.
- Families will have the opportunity to meet and develop relationships with other families.
Harris Family DayCare